- SALE ITEMS
- Cotton Yarn
- Gift Cards
- Books (14)
- Magazines (6)
- Knitting Needles (5)
- Crochet Hooks (4)
- Knitting and Project Bags (3)
Inclusivity at Yarn + Cø
Our anti–discrimination policy at Yarn + Cø
There has been an important discussion regarding diversity taking place in the yarn and fibre community this year. We made a statement through Instagram in February 2019 discussing Yarn + Cø as a safe space for all. We now understand that we need to reinforce this statement with action.
Firstly, we are publishing our anti-discrimination policy. We have an anti-discrimination policy in our store and on our social media, in our workshops and our craft groups. There will be no change this policy:
Language or behaviour that discriminates on the basis of race, colour, sex, sexual orientation, religion, size, physical or mental disability, national extraction or social origin will not be tolerated.
This also means that we should not be dismissive of each other when others speak or share their experiences. It is important to respect this sentiment so that the store can be a place where creativity is able to thrive and all feel welcome.
This policy is advertised in our store window, on our website and through our social media. It is a part of our action plan to ensure inclusivity at Yarn + Cø. The policy aligns with guidelines from the Australian Human Rights Commission.
We will also be researching ways, as a small business, we can give back to our local community in the City of Yarra. We hope our customers can appreciate and respect the importance of this policy going forward. Thank you for your continued support.
Our action plan that supports this statement is outlined below.
Our action plan for inclusivity at Yarn + Cø
- We will enforce the above anti-discrimination policy.
- We will continue to promote BIPOC fibre makers & pattern designers in our store and on social media.
- We will continue to support yarn brands that are aligned with our values.
- We will ensure that our social media is diversified in terms of who and what are featured on it.
- We will research ways in which we can give back to our local community in the City of Yarra.